[blindza] Re: Installing programs on phones.

  • From: <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 15:07:04 +0200

One of the services seeingwithsound supplies is that if you send an email
to:
ocr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with the following word in the subject line:
recognize

(with it's american spelling with the letter Z)

And a picture attached, you should get an automated OCR response email
within around 5 minutes, but it really comes down to quality of picture,
etc., and since think they're making use of a free OCR service, it won't
necessarily be the best quality either, but anyway...

Biggest problem have had with that as well is that it's quite hard to make
sure you're focusing correctly on the thing you're taking a picture of with
a self focusing cellphone camera etc. as well...

Along the lines of that one, in order to see if the bottle of toast spread
had was either marmite or bovril (and really just a bit of testing), I used
the vOICe's colour filtering to check if there was more yellow, or more red
on the bottle, and turned out got it right that it was the yellower marmite
I had there...<smile>

This last bit is just a bit of a suggestion relating to recognising
products etc, and isn't really a bypass/workaround for product label
OCRing.

http://symbianv3.com/wp-content/uploads/multiscanner_euro_v_1_1_8_s60_31.rar

http://symbianv3.com/wp-content/uploads/multiscanner_euro_v_1_1_8_s60_31.sisx