[blindza] Bit of a rant - about 'true' blindness

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BlindZA" <blindza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 14:33:59 +0200

I would like to know why some sighted people apparently make a point of
ignoring somewhat obvious/clearly stated/relatively important facts...?

In other words, where on my CV, in the top piece of details, along with my ID
number, phone number, etc. which they can't ignore, they seem to repeatedly
bypass the line that says:
Disabled: Yes - Visually Impaired

Also the very first, sort of intro paragraph states a few more details, etc.,
but seems like every single time a personnel agent looks at the thing, they
don't 'see' this at all...

In other words, selective vision makes some sighties a heck of a lot blinder
than us blindies.

Makes me want to laugh in their faces, but also somewhat frustrating sometimes.