[blindza] Another (less serious) good thing about being able to make use of some braille

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "NAPSA Blind" <blind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:24:58 +0200

Ok, while know for certain I am not a really well practiced braille user, since don't generally use anything other than basic braille for doing things like labelling, making silly birthday cards etc., I had a bloody power/electricity problem here for around the last 2 days - hence have now just gotten online again - but apart from listening to my portable radio that's still running on the same first set of batteries for over a year now, I was also playing some solitaire using my braille playing cards, and this is something I can (obviously) do without any electricity/power supply - and part of the funny idea in my head is that a sighted person would actually need some form of light to play with cards, whereas I can do it in pitch darkness <smile>

database 4789 (20100120) __________

http://www.eset.com

---
The 'homepage' for this list is at http://www.blindza.co.za