[blindwoodworker] Re: Mitutoyo voiceman supposed hearsay talking caliper

  • From: Dan Rossi <dr25@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindwoodworker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 09:20:49 -0500 (EST)

John,

My sincerest apologies if you thought my response was combative in any way. I was merely pointing out that I, personally, wouldn't mind having a laptop available to me in my work space. As I said, going cordless is definitely preferred, but I doubted that they were building bluetooth directly into the Mitutoyo devices, I'm not saying that I know they are not, just that I didn't think it was viable. I've been known to be wrong from time to time though.

If you are capable of doing all calculations in your head, then you are a better man than I, and my hat is off to you. When, on the blind handyman list, someone asked what the proper angle would be to cut for a triangle 26 inches across the base, and 72 inches along the hypotenuse, I definitely went to my calculator, even though I know it is simply the inverse cosine of 26/72.

Again, I sincerely apologize if I came across as combative, I was just making some personal comments in response to yours.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi