[blindwoodworker] Mitutoyo voiceman hearsay talking callipers

  • From: "JDM" <sunnyday001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindwoodworker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 11:00:13 +1100

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your reply explaining your intent and meaning, it is much appreciated. May I, in return, offer you my apologies for having misunderstood and for being overly reactive.

I have now contacted MTI-Qualos, the Australian agent/partner to Mitutoyo Japan, and have learned the following;

1. Yes, Mitutoyo America have discontinued supply of the voiceman audible speech output device, and will be replacing it with a wireless device,

2. MTI-Qualos Australia are continuing to supply the voiceman audible speech output, and are moving towards a transition to the wireless device when approval is obtained from the Australian Radio Frequency Spectrum Control Authority,

3. the wireless device is described as looking somewhat like a USB memory stick, which plugs directly into the calliper at the same point as existing cables,

4. the particular form of wireless signal technology was unknown by the person I spoke with at MTI-Qualos. However, given that the device has presently been refused a licence by the Australian Radio Frequency spectrum Control authority, it would seem to me that the signal strength of the device must be far greater than is typically available from BlueTooth devices.

I hope this has been of some help.

best regards,

John Milburn

Victoria Australia.