[blindweightwatcher] WWLemon-Herb Roasted Salmon

  • From: "Jan Bailey" <jb021951@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindweightwatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 17:16:01 -0500

WWLemon-Herb Roasted Salmon

Source: WeightWatchers.com

   POINTS? value |  5

Servings |  4

Preparation Time |  16 min

Cooking Time |  15 min

Level of Difficulty |  Easy

main meals | This citrus and fresh herb fish recipe is part of our

Perfectly Simple series.

1 sprays cooking spray

1 1/2 pound pink salmon fillet(s), four 6-oz pieces about

1-inch-thick each (also known as humpback salmon)

1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste

1/8 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground, or to taste

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

1 1/2 Tbsp sugar

1 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped (plus extra for garnish, if desired)

1 Tbsp thyme, fresh, chopped (plus extra for garnish, if desired)

1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated (plus extra for garnish, if desired)

1 tsp minced garlic

1 tsp dried oregano

1. Preheat oven to 400?F. Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.

2. Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper; place

salmon in prepared baking dish.

3. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, sugar, parsley,

thyme, lemon zest, garlic and oregano; whisk until sugar dissolves

and pour over salmon.

4. Roast until salmon is fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Garnish

with fresh chopped herbs and grated zest, if desired. Yields about 4

to 5 ounces of salmon per serving.

Notes

  We used pink salmon fillets because they are less fatty than some

other salmon varieties like coho and sockeye salmon. If you prefer to

use a different type of salmon in this recipe make to sure to account

for any extra POINTS values.