[blindweightwatcher] Stuffed Chicken Breasts

  • From: "Jan Bailey" <jb021951@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindweightwatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 06:38:43 -0600

Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Healthy Cooking
February/March 2009 issue
Page: 55

Carol Mead of Los Alamos, New Mexico found this recipe years ago in a
magazine. "It's an easy company dish, and I can halve it to satisfy a
craving for roast chicken without more leftovers than we can ever
possibly eat!" Carol Mead - Los Alamos, New Mexico

SERVINGS: 8
CATEGORY: Lower Fat
METHOD: Baked
TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 35 min.

Ingredients:
1 small onion, chopped
1 celery rib, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons butter, divided
1 teaspoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
1/4 cup boiling water
3 cups soft bread crumbs
3 tablespoons fat-free milk
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
In a small nonstick skillet, saute the onion, celery and garlic in 1
tablespoon butter until tender. In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in
boiling water. Stir in the bread crumbs, milk, herbs and celery mixture.
Set aside.
Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Spread bread crumb mixture over chicken; roll up. Secure with
toothpicks.
Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Melt remaining butter and
brush over chicken. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat
thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 8 servings.

Nutrition Facts
One serving: 1 stuffed chicken breast half Calories: 200 Fat: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g Cholesterol: 71 mg Sodium: 368 mg Carbohydrate: 10 g
Fiber: 1 g Protein: 25 g Diabetic Exchange: 3 very lean meat, 1/2
starch, 1/2 fat.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Stuffed-Chicken-Breasts-6