[blindweightwatcher] Light Chicken Cordon Bleu

  • From: "Jan Bailey" <jb021951@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindweightwatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 06:33:36 -0600

Light Chicken Cordon Bleu
I love chicken cordon bleu, but since I'm watching my cholesterol, I couldn't
afford to indulge in it often. Then I trimmed down a recipe that I received
in my high school home economics class years ago. The creamy sauce makes it
extra special

SERVINGS: 8

CATEGORY: Main Dish

METHOD: Baked

TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.

Ingredients:
8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
8 slices lean deli ham (1 ounce each)
1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2/3 cup fat-free milk
1 cup crushed cornflakes
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt SAUCE:
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken
soup, undiluted
1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice Directions: Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. Thickness.
Sprinkle with pepper; place a ham slice and 3 tablespoons of cheese down the
center
of each piece. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks. Pour milk into
a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the cornflakes, paprika, garlic
powder and salt. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumbs. Place in a 13-in. X
9-in. Baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan,
whisk the soup, sour cream and lemon juice until blended; heat through.
Discard toothpicks from chicken; serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.