[blindweightwatcher] Broccoli Turkey Supreme

  • From: "Jan Bailey" <jb021951@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindweightwatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 05:40:24 -0500

Broccoli Turkey Supreme
Quick Cooking

I do a lot of catering, and this easy rice casserole always gets rave
reviews from clients as well as friends and family. It is loaded with
turkey, broccoli and water chestnuts. I'm asked for the recipe over and
over. -Marcene Christopherson Miller, South Dakota

SERVINGS: 8
CATEGORY: Low Fat
METHOD: Baked
TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours

Ingredients:
4 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
1 package (6.9 ounces) chicken-flavored rice mix
1-1/3 cups milk
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup chopped celery
1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup chopped onion

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Transfer to a greased
3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake
15-20 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.

Nutrition Facts
One serving: (prepared with reduced-fat reduced-sodium soup, fat-free
milk, reduced-sodium chicken broth and fat-free mayonnaise) Calories:
268 Fat: 3 g Saturated Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 67 mg Sodium: 1031 mg
Carbohydrate: 32 g Fiber: 3 g Protein: 28 g Diabetic Exchange: 2 lean
meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.