[blindvoip] Re: NEW TO THE LIST

  • From: "Christian" <christian08@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindvoip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, blindvoip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 01:16:59 +0200

Hi Olusegun and welcome to the list!
And there are a lots of software PBX out there to check out. I really hope you
find something that is working for you. The best thing is to try.
Asterisk has some good docs at:
http://www.voip-info.org from installing and configuring it to more advanced
But I thought that I should menshen these PBXes for Windows for those who are
not familyer with Linux or found it hard to set up Asterisk or just prefer a
Windows solution.
And as I said, I am also interested in comparing the functionality of the
comercial none free alternatives with Asterisk since Asterisk is very feature
rich and you can do so many things with it.
I have just read a little of the administration guide for the PBXnsip and have
read that it features a lot of cool features which I am going to try, like wake
up calling, callback, conferencing, speed dialing, intercom and more.
One thing that I miss with this, or at least haven't found it is that this PBX,
like Brekeke PBX can only play one music on hold sound file. Asterisk can play
an entire directory of files and it can even play it randomized.
Also, Asterisk generates all tones itself but like Brekeke PBX this PBX also
relies on sound files for the ringing tone that callers will hear when you
transfer them to a phone that rings.
But anyway, this PBXnsip is really interesting and I am just going to configure
it with my SIP provider and we'll see how that goes.