[blindvoip] Free calling to the UK

  • From: "Christian" <christian08@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindvoip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2011 04:36:26 +0100

Hi all out there,
First, a very happy new year 2010 to all list members!
There hasn't been much traffic on this list, but I thought I send a message
I have asked this before, but was just curious if you have found something that
will offer free calls to the UK.
I have tried something called voipcheap:
First, the registration wasn't that easy without sighted help. Their client,
which you need to use in order to register had a captcha and I tried submiting
it first to Salona.net, but they didn't find it so I had to ask a sighted
friend of mine reading the screen.
Anyway, I successfully registered and made a deposit so I could take full
advantage of the service, but I got no sound when I registered my Cisco 7960
phone with the service and I don't find any way to contact voipcheap customer
service, except for some feedback link.
I tried changing the codec but the same result.
I read in other forums that some people had problems with it and that service
is one among other services from one and the same company.
So, any tips?
Just a comment, I have been trying out whistlephone and it works great so now I
have free calling to the US.
Have a great day!
Many thanks,