[blindreplay] Re: the replay product line

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 07:47:15 -0700 (PDT)

The following can be used with JAWS 9 and if any of you need me to check it
with Window-Eyes 6.1 let me know.

Accessible:
Replay AV 8 with minor issues with WE screen reader dealing with the menu bar
and drop down lists.

Replay Converter 2.80

Replay Music 3

Replay Media Catcher 2.3

At-Large Recorder 2.4 with very minor issue but 99 percent usable.

FLV Flash Player included with Replay Media Catcher. Works with keyboard
shortcuts even though interface is invisible. Plays .flv files.

I use all the above products. There are always bugs in software.

What I do here is read the user guide for each product and the FAQs.

Have not tested the following:
Replay Media Splitter and Screencast.

Hopefully I will get the chance to test Screencast when a new version is
released.

The following are not the best to use but you can use another third party
program.

Replay Player but if you are determined it can be used but you have WMP 11 and
Winamp, Real Player.

Freecorder Toolbar as it requires the mouse cursor.

Read my blog and listen to the mp3 tutorials if needed.

If I left out a product let me know.

If you have good computer skills the products I mention above that work do
indeed do work.

There is some overlap.

You can use Replay AV 8 to record the AT&T music audio you mentioned there. Use
the audio output method. The audio method output will record the sound output
that you hear through your speakers minus the screen reader speech. With the
new Applian audio driver it will record only the music source and not the
screen reader speech which is awesome. This allows you to use your computer for
other tasks while it records.