[blindreplay] still having problems with Replay Converter

  • From: "susan wojtecki" <susan.wojtecki@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 15:28:47 -0500

Hi listers,
Using JAWS 8 and Replay-AV 8.5 with RC 3, I am still having problems with the
popup window. As other users have reported, when attempting to convert from
.asf or .rm to .mp3 the popup window seems to obscure whatever else is open on
the screen regardless of whether it is minimized or not and most of the time
the conversions seem to fail at the outset, often not getting past 0 percent.
They do seem to work occasionally but I suspect that it is usually when I am
away from the computer and hence not using it for any other activity, though
even then they sometimes don't work. I can usually convert to .mp3 by the
manual method so I'm not sure whether there is a problem with the kodeks or
something else. Reboots and reinstallation have not changed the situation.
There is sometimes an error report generated but I have not yet been able to
read it in the JAWS virtual window. Incidentally, i tried converting to .ogg
and none of this happened so I'm not sure what to think. Can anyone suggest
what I might try? Many thanks as always.

Susan