[blindreplay] some stations' URL's not working in replay AV

  • From: "Joanne" <houseofmusic3345@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:23:06 -0400

I don't know if this is the wave of the future, but I have been to several
stations' websites and gone to the "listen live" page, only to find out I
cannot capture the URL with Replay AV.  I am seeing more and more of this type
of URL and it's really hard to explain what happens but will do my best.  When
trying to capture the URL I set up a recording and what comes back to me are a
bunch of files in recordings folder with FLV extensions at the end.  Even
stations that were in the guide and once played beautifully in Windows Media
Player, such as CHAM in Canada which had the country countdown on it. no longer
play because this and other stations have their own players, I think, so the
Windows Media streams no longer work.  Even some of the Bill Sparks stations
... I can't seem to get the Windows Media versions to play and thus I can't set
them up in my Replay AV.  Some of the "alternate stream" links given are no
longer usable apparently because Windows Media errors out and says file not
found.  If too many stations go to this other player format we're going to lose
a lot of our recording ability, unless there's a work-around.  Just wonder if
Petro or anyone may have seen what I'm talking about and if there's even a way
to play these files with the FLV extension at the end.  Just concerns me
because just today I ran across 4 stations that keep erroring or not even
playing in Windows Media anymore.  Thanks.

Joanne