[blindreplay] Re: genpuid.exe file

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 06:35:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Life My Way
The genpuid.exe file is used by Applian's Replay Media Catcher and Replay Music
programs to tag/name your recordings. You should tell both your antivirus and
firewall to accept this genpuid.exe file/program through. Within AVG program
you should be able to allow/accept this file or make an exception rule and the
same is true if you are using a software based firewall. I do not use AVG here.
See the help section for AVG on how to do this or maybe Applian Tech support
can tell you how to do it or someone on this list knows how to make an
exception rule or to allow it through all the time. I did a search for this
genpuid.exe and I see it in my C:\Windows\Prefetch\ folder. In the Applian
forums Jeff L. wrote:

It's very safe, and it is part of the music/song/track identifier as mentioned
previously. Please allow that file and know that it's 100% safe.

When AVG gives you the warning it should tell you the whole path where the
genpuid.exe file is. With JAWS do insert+ctrl+w then ctrl+a then ctrl+c to copy
to the clipboard the message you get and then press escapte keybaord key to get
out of virtual window. Paste this in your notepad program and save it.

See if you can make an exception rule for this path and file in AVG settings.

What kind of firewall are you using there?

If you have a router only then you are ok and there's nothing else you need to
do.

If you use Windows firewall go to it by opening ctrl panel and then Windows
firewall. In the general tab you will see a list of programs it is bloxking or
not blocking. If you see genpuid.exe in th list make the correct change to
allow it through.

All security applications have settings to allow programs through.

Petro