[blindreplay] distorted recordings

  • From: "rs_denis" <rs_denis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:18:20 -0500

I am wondering whether anyone else has this problem. On one station from which I frequently record, I get recordings with distortion, the kind one gets when the volume on a tape recorder is set too high while recording. Now I turned off automatic volume setting in the settings and lowered the record volume setting in windows. I get softer but still distorted recording. now here's the weird part: When listening while I am recording, the sound is fine. I'm recording from the sound card using the replay driver rather than directly recording the stream. Anyway, I find it strange that the sound is fine but the recording is distorted even when record volume has been lowered. I suspect it is something to do with the stream, but can't think of what might create this effect.

Ron Denis