[blindreplay] Re: System Access To Go

  • From: pasquale acquaviva <noahpeal73107@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:03:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Petro,

I've got a trial System Access account and am using it
right at the moment to write this message to you and
the list.  I'm using Yahoo mail on the web to compose
the message.  I'm having no difficulties at all.
Everything is working marvelously well.  I really am
impressed.

As far as Replay A/V 8.20 and all its components go,
System Access To Go actually works better than
Window-Eyes 6.1.  There is absolutely no ghosting of
submenu headings and their associated contents.  I
will grant you that it does take a tiny bit of getting
used to, but the amount of learning is minimal.  All
in all, I'm extremely happy with the product.

The only addition that I'd make to your directions for
running the product is that:

(1)  the software firewall be turned off prior to
running the screen reader: and
(2)  You make a copy of the screen reader program on a
portable storage medium, so that there'll be no need
to go to the Internet to run it each time, given the
firewall will have been turned off

I found that this first recommendation was necessary,
at least in my case, due to the fact that the firewall
would not let me proceed with running System Access To
Go unless I gave permission each time I ran the screen
reader.  I found this to be a little maddening,
although that's a small price to pay for computing
safety.

I sincerely thank you for the recommendation.

Best regards
- --
Pat Acquaviva