[blindreplay] Re: Set Max Stream Length In Replay Media Catcher 5

  • From: Jeffrey Wilson <jwilson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:42:14 -0700

Hi Rob and Petro,

Petro is correct in that you will probably want to turn on the “Record Silence”
setting.  Alternately, you can adjust the two next settings.
From the User Guide:

 *   Silence: Is a value between 1 and 255. Sound values at or below this
number will be considered silence
 *   Silence Time: The number of milliseconds that sound values should be below
the Silence value for silence to be detected

So, to record things that are very quite, you would want to decrease the
Silence value.  In your case, Rob, you might want to increase the Silence Time
value instead.

Now, the above advice is for if you are doing an audio recording as opposed to
“Download from the Internet”.  When in “Download from the Internet” mode, all
that matters is the constant flow of network data, and even “silence” will
include data (ones and zeroes).  Remember that “Download from the Internet”
saves network data coming to your computer which just happens to include an
audio component.  On the other hand, “Record Audio” mode will only record what
you hear.  There is a technical difference.

Jeffrey Wilson
Applian Technologies, Inc.