[blindreplay] Replay Music

  • From: "Rob" <kyrath@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 17:50:27 -0400

Greetings all,

Running:

Replay Music Version 6.10 01-23-2014

Windows 8.1

Firefox 29.0.1

Internet Explorer Version: 11.0.9600.17107

JAWS Version 15.0.8021

Previously, when I was using Windows XP, I had found a technique that worked
every time so that RM would record the stream and not JAWS or other system
sounds.  However, that technique does not seem to be working here on Windows
8.1.  There has got to be a better way to have RM record what is desired
without having it try to guess what  to record.  If there was a button or
checkbox that simply stated record what is being requested by browser "fill
in the blank", then it wouldn't be so difficult to have it not record speech
produced by an accessibility service.  In addition, the "Open Browser"
button has not helped with this issue and it has its own draw backs.
Currently, I use Firefox as my default browser, but I do not have Flash
installed.  The site I want to record uses Flash which would be fine if I
could pick Internet Explorer.  This way, I am forced to either install Flash
on Firefox or switch my default to IE, which I did do temporarily just to
see if it made a difference.

So is anyone using a similar configuration to what I currently have
successfully?  If so, what steps or settings do you use?

Thanks for any assistance with this issue,

n  Rob