[blindreplay] Re: Replay Media Catcher V4

  • From: "Dean Martineau" <dean92@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 11:02:19 -0800

I find Replay Media Capture 4 to be quite accessible using JAWS 12 and 13
under win7.  I haven't delved into it too deeply, but I use it to capture
several different streams.

I don't think the fact that it does not capture those Shoutcast streams is
any indicator of a problem with the program.  The idea behind the Replay
Media Capture suite is that different programs need to be used to capture
material from different sources, of different types.  There are, for
instance, streams that Replay Media Capture does not capture that Replay
Music does.  There are a lot of types of streams out there.

As for the Shoutcast streams you mentioned, or at least the 70's one, I
could record it effortlessly with Replay a/v, but Replay Media Capture
didn't seem to see it.

Tech support at Applian is pretty good, and they can answer this sort
question.  Though I doubt it covers this sort of stream, they have a nifty
feature where you input a source you want to capture and they tell you which
of their programs to use.

Dean