[blindreplay] Remove Old Version Of Winpcap

  • From: "Rob" <rarmstr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 13:48:29 -0400

I am trying to upgrade from Replay Media Catcher 5 to Replay Media Catcher 6.
In fact, I am upgrading the entire suite of products.

When I first started this process, I removed Applian Director as well as all of
the Replay products. I did not know about removing Winpcap at that time. I
rebooted the PC.

When I tried to install Replay Media Catcher 6, I received a message that an
earlier version of Winpcap could not be removed because another application is
using it.

I then removed Winpcap and all of the products that had been installed during
my upgrade attempt. I restarted the machine.

I still get the same error message that an earlier version of Winpcap cannot be
deleted. Please tell me how to get rid of the old version of Winpcap so I can
install the latest versions of Applian products. BTW I tried running the
version of RCSSETUP.EXE that I downloaded last year when I installed the
previous versions of the suite, but I still received the same error message.

I tried to submit this query via the Applian support web site, but I could not
choose the product on the page where I entered my question. So I am very
thankful for the BlindReplay email list.

Thanks for all help.

Rob Armstrong