[blindreplay] Re: Got the YSI plugin to work! (For Kelly)

  • From: "Kelly Pierce" <kellytalk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:40:07 -0500

Thanks Petro. Now that the feature is configured, it is really cool.
I'm glad to hear it sends the converted file rather than the original.
Many portable audio players don't support Real or Windows Media files.
Everything works with MP3 though. Too bad Applian didn't partner with
someone like Send Space who offers unlimited downloads and tons of
bandwidth. You Send It has a maximum of 100 downloads for any file and
a limit of a gigabyte of bandwidth each month. Also, file size is
limited to 100 MB. Send Space has no limit on the number of downloads
and files can remain for much longer than You Send It's seven-day
limit. Send Space's bandwidth limit is one gigabyte a day rather than
a month and file size limit is 300 MB. I suppose it may b the
situation where they went with the folks they could do a deal with
rather than those who they wanted or might have done a deal with.

Kelly

On 6/20/07, petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx
<petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Correction by me. I was incorrect in saying you can only do the
"keep original recording" in the output tab for "audio output"
only recordings. You can choose the "keep original recording"
within the output tab in properties for both your audio output
and stream capture (background) recordings.

Test Results:

If you have the checkbox checked within the OUTPUT tab within
properties that saids "keep original recording" and within Basic
tab you have RAV 8 to convert the file to .mp3 and are sending
this file with YSI (OUTPUT tab checkbox within Properties) you
only get the CONVERTED FILE sent off to that email address. You
do not get the original file sent.

If you want the original file sent you can do it manually by
going to:

http://www.yousendit.com

OR

http://applian.yousendit.com

Browse for the original file (example the .asf file), add email
address and your message and send it off.

Another suggestion. My opinion only.

You can tell RAV 8 to record but do not convert to a file
format. This way you get sent the original .asf file if you are
recording a Windows Media Player stream format.

The .asf files are much smaller and take less time to download
when you download the file through the email notification.

I hope this all makes sense.

Petro