[blindreplay] Re: For Susan:WFUB possible stream addresses - Susan

  • From: "Ron or Susan Denis" <rdenis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 08:54:15 -0400

The replay keys mentioned in the note for JAWS use also work with window eyes: tab and shift tab moves one through items, spacebar selects or activates, the context key brings up a menu for a selected program or station and most of the choices work with the letter given or enter though one or two appear to require a mouse click. The program does so many things that it takes time and practice to get a full knowledge of all the possibilities. Some of us only use a few functions and so become quick and good at a few of the program's attributes. The program can serve as a podcast downloader, radio tuner, recorder (for more than radio and program streams), cd-rom writer, and converter. I likely missed something here but the point is that it is a multi-faceted program with the majority of functions being easily accessed by most of the current screen readers. I understand that new maps are often required for use with Hal, but in general, accessibility is built in and normal windows functions plus the programs built in shortcut keys make this one of the more accessible programs. I have no idea how I got started at this long note so I'll do the merciful thing and shut me up at this point! Ron Denis