[blindreplay] Re: For Paula & Replay AV 8

  • From: "Paula Mack" <pmack870@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:35:25 -0500

Sorry Petro, can't drop them with Window-Eyes from within ITunes. I can read them with the cursoring keys for the mouse, but can't drop them, so can't copy them. I could probably memorize them and copy them that way, but that's a waste of everyone's time.

Paula
----- Original Message ----- From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Paula Mack <pmack870@xxxxxxxxx>
To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, January 29, 2009, 11:50 PM
Hi Petro,

What a bummer.  It didn't work, but I won't give up
without a fight.  The keystroke is Insert+Delete on the
number pad.  You have to mark to select and then drop.

the thing is, the URLs are all listed on the ITunes screen,
but if I use them, I won't get the tagging, it would be
like recording from any other streaming internet feed rather
than from within ITunes where it could get the tag info
directly from the ITunes screen.  that's the only reason
I'm trying to do it this way.  I could record any of
them from the web with no problem, but I want to be able to
put tagged songs into ITunes and then onto my little red
iPod.  <smile>

I'm just going to keep fooling with it, because there
could be something I'm missing.  the other thing
that's really strange about dropping the radio stations
is that they seem to be just captions that ITunes gives
them, in other words, any URL info must be embedded within
the captions somehow because I can't see them, just the
name, the bit rate and a short comment. Yet, if you play the
station in ITunes, the URL is at the top of the screen as is
the info on the currently-playing track.

The whole thing is very intriguing, and I'd love to
find a work-around. This stuff is fun anyway, so what the
heck.