[blindreplay] Re: FLV files, KLBJ AM, and Replay converter

  • From: Kelly Pierce <kellytalk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 13:05:27 -0500

Petro,

After learning about the flawless conversion you had with replay A/v
8.5 and Replay converter 3.02, I began to wonder if my version of the
software could not accommodate the newer versions of flash.  I also heard
from tom of Applion who ran the same test you did and had no problems as
well.  KLBJ just switched to flash streaming in the last few weeks and it
seemed likely that they used a recent version of the software not in
use when Replay converter 2.8 was released.  I upgraded and it solved the
problem with everything working perfectly.  I have successfully converted
the files I made earlier with which I had difficulty with replay Converter
2.8.  In addition, I made a test recording and auto conversion after
recording with replay 8.5 and that worked successfully as well.

In fact, my older version of Replay A/v used
to not convert recordings automatically.  I had to close replay A/V and
then enter Replay converter, select the file and begin the conversion.
What a hassle!  this
problem was eliminated for me when I upgraded to Replay A/v 8.5.

We do not stress enough on this list the importance of using the most
recent version of Replay A/V and Replay converter for good results.  I am a
little surprised why the Applion folks don't pound the table emphasizing
this point. Recent versions of flash and likely WindowsMedia may not record or convert well or at all if recent versions of Replay are not used.

Thanks so much for all your help. It really enabled me to see what the solution was.

Kelly

----- Original Message ----- From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Kelly Pierce <kellytalk@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [blindreplay] FLV files, KLBJ AM, and Replay converter
To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, July 27, 2009, 8:12 AM
Hello,
KLBJ radio in Austin, Texas recently adopted flash as its
media format. When I record a show using Replay A/V a .flv
file is created. I am using the stream url provided by
the Replay media guide. The file doesn't convert to
mp3 using Replay Converter 2.8. The file itself barely
plays at all in Winamp and does so only sluggishly. Is this
a problem with the older versions of Replay converter, the
file generated by Replay A/V or another reason? I
would appreciate any help or insights.

Kelly