[blindreplay] Re: Command Line Switches

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 16:03:46 -0700 (PDT)

Mike
That is strange. If you want to try:

Tell Replay AV to not automatically startup at startup. Go to file menu and the
last tab to do this.

Open RAV 8.42 whatever way you want and exit the program.

The Replay AV system tray icon should no longer be there.

Go to msconfig and startup tab and uncheck.

Do a ctrl -alt -delete and go to the processes tab and see if you see a
"replay" process. If you do choose end task.

Restart your computer.

Please do the above steps in exact order.

All should be back to normal.

Shut down computer.

Wait 2 minutes.

Start computer up.

All should be back to normal. WE screen reader talking and on the desktop.

Start Replay AV 8 and go to the settings and enable to startup. Go to msconfig
and recheck the replay av process. I cannot remember if there is such a startup
in msconfig if one isn't there sorry.

Close Replay AV 8.

Check system tray to make sure RAV 8 is no longer there.

Check with ctrl -alt -delete.
Restart computer.

Should boot up with WE speech and to be on your desktop.

Did you uninstall Replay AV 8.31 completely or did you install 8.42 over it?

The above are from me and not from Applian.

I have not heard this issue from WE screen reader users with RAV 8.42. With
JAWS 9 all is well here.

All the best.