[blindreplay] Clearchannel WREC station

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 20:10:06 -0700 (PDT)

Looks like the HTML code isn't too screen reader friendly when
it comes to playing Clearchannel radio station streams. By
looking at the source code of the station's website one can get
the station's to work within Jaws. Then using the URL Finder to
extract the embedded listen link.

If I go to WREC ClearChannel website:

http://www.wrecradio.com/main.html

The above site I cannot play the station's stream with Jaws. I
hear a hdr listen link but when I press my enter key nothing
happens.

So I go to the View menu within the browser with alt+V then
choose source.

I get the source code shown within my notepad editor.

Examining the code carefully for words "listen", "live",
"streaming" and so on I was able to find:

/cc-common/hdradio/

The domain for WREC is:

www.wrecradio.com

I then combine the two to:

http://www.wrecradio.com/cc-common/hdradio/

I copy the above URL into my browser's address field and hit
enter key.

I get a better accessible site this time. I am able to find the
listen or stream link and when I press my enter key on the
listen link on the website:

http://www.wrecradio.com/cc-common/hdradio/

The stream plays.

Whether Replay AV can record the stream I am not sure yet as the
beginning of these streams are short clips and then the station
starts to play.

I hope all this makes sense.

For members:

If you have a Clearchannel station you need the stream for let
me know and I will try to get it for you.

Send the Clearchannel station URL homepage to me on this list.

For WKRC station:

I found:

/pages/streaming.html

I added the above to the end of WKRC domain URL and found the
stream link.

So it looks like there is no set pattern.