[blindreplay] Re: Attention Window-Eyes 6.1: Feedback needed

  • From: "Petro T. Giannakopoulos" <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 05:12:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mike
I already told Applian to make the Header that is above the
listbox more accessible the last time you brought this up. This
is definitely a minor issue.

The menu bar is a big issue. If you press your alt key with
Window-Eyes and then right arrow one time you land on the shows
menu and if you down arrow in the shows menu you hear the
options for the shows menu. You hear settings and exit which are
wrong. The settings and exit belong in the file menu area. This
happens for all if not mot most menus using Window-Eyes.

The current fix is to use:
alt f for the file menu and you hear settings, exit.
alt s for the shows menu and the correct items within the shows
menu and so on.

But the above fix has another issue and not good.

Within each menu some items are spoken twice when arrowing down
and each has its different accelerator key to do the same
function.

So if somebody says go to 123 Main Street and they tell you go 1
street to the right and you do those directions but you end up
on 234 Hill Street instead.

If I tell you to go to the tools menu with window-Eyes and down
arrow to find the URL Finder and you are a new user you will not
find the URL Finder because it is not there. It's one menu over
to the right  and in the wrong menu.

I know you understand all this and letting the others know what
we are talking about.