[blindreplay] Another Question: this time About A Track Recorded Using The Media Guide

  • From: Pam Drake <pamdrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 18:19:15 -0800

I have noticed that the one stream I have scheduled after selecting it from the Media Guide has a faintly odd sound quality. It is hard to explain but there appear to be too many highs. cymbals sound almost like tambourines. Put another way, it sounds something like a vinyl recording that has been repeatedly played with a poor needle.

The stream is a Clear Channel stream which I was unable to record at all until upgrading and checking in the Guide.

The question makes no sense to me but I wonder if the processing of the recording as it is first detected by Replay makes any difference in the quality of the recording. I have never noticed this slightly tinny quality on any stream I have recorded when supplying the correct, direct url. I wonder if anyone has any ideas about this issue.

Thanks again in advance.

Pam