[blindreplay] Re: Alternative way to start Replay AV 8 (JoAnn)

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindreplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 18:31:57 -0500 (EST)

Joanne

It is situations such as these, and I've run into them more times then I
want to remember, as to why I *always* try retain older copies of software
I've previously installed.
That way, if I later discover that a given version is causing me
problems,, I can conveniently discard it.
In the case of RAV, it took me a long time to nail it -- and, as it now
turns out, it has been the thorn in my pc side that has caused me hours
upon hours of problems.
Being a new pc, I first thought that it had something to do with the
operating system as installed, the tweeking I had done, Window-Eyes 6.1,
and a host of other causes.
As some on this and other lists may recall, I reported other problems with
RAV and other weird pc anomalies, but no one suggested that RAV8.41 would
be the source of them.
And, I just looked at the time stamp on your msg, and that was almost the
exact time I decided to return to 8.31.