Voice on the Go(R) Wins Best Evolution Application and Rookie of the Year at 2007 Handango Champion Awards

  • To: <BlindNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:32:08 -0400

PR Newswire
Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Voice on the Go(R) Wins Best Evolution Application and Rookie of the Year at
2007 Handango Champion Awards

By Voice on the Go

Quote: "Voice on the Go is also a valuable tool for visually impaired and
physically disabled individuals."

    TORONTO, Oct. 23 /PRNewswire/ - Voice on the Go Inc., provider of
mobile voice solutions, today announced that Voice on the Go(R) was awarded
Best Evolution Application and Rookie of the Year. Nominated by Handango
customers and judged by a selection of industry experts and members of the
media, Voice on the Go was honored with the awards at the Handango Champion
Awards special event during the Handango Seventh Annual Partner Summit.
    Voice on the Go voice-enables email and other content allowing anyone
to use their voice to gain hands-free and eyes-free access to their email,
calendars, contacts and other content, from any cell phone, BlackBerry(R)
smartphone, or other Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) - safely while
driving, or at any other time. With Voice on the Go, subscribers can
conveniently dial in and use their voice to listen to, compose, reply, and
delete their email, access their calendar, search contacts by name or
company and place calls. Voice on the Go is also a valuable tool for
visually impaired and physically disabled individuals.
    Voice on the Go will demonstrate the service in Booth # 1048 at CTIA
Wireless I.T. & Entertainment 2007, the largest and only wireless data
event in the industry that covers all aspects of wireless for the business
and consumer, taking place October 23 - 25th in San Francisco, CA.
    "Mobile subscribers visit Handango for the latest innovative tools and
applications to enhance their mobile experience," said Simon Arnison,
president and chief executive officer of Voice on the Go. "People will
always want to stay connected to their email, so our objective is to make
it as safe, easy, and convenient as possible. With the growing focus on
safety and legislation banning cell phones and prohibiting text messaging
while driving, we are ecstatic that Handango customers have chosen Voice on
the Go to safely and legally use their mobile device by voice in the car
while driving - anytime, anywhere."
    "Handango congratulates the winners of the 2007 Handango Champion
awards! We could not maintain our current level of success without the hard
work and creativity from partners such as Voice on the Go, which we honored
with our exclusive Rookie of the Year award," said Monica Hamilton, Vice
President of Content at Handango. "Their product, Voice on the Go, has been
recognized as a favorite among customers and industry experts, and we are
pleased to name it our Best Evolution Application."
    Voice on the Go is available through Handango for $5.99/month, and can
be purchased at

http://www.handango.com.

    About Voice on the Go
    Voice on the Go provides mobile subscribers with access to email,
contacts, calendar and other content by voice at any time, on any cell
phone, BlackBerry(R) smartphone, Apple(R) iPhone(TM) or other PDA. It
enables subscribers to listen to, compose, reply and forward their email
all by voice - hands-free and eyes-free safely while driving, or any other
time. The company has global headquarters in Toronto, Canada and has an
addressable market of more than two billion mobile subscribers
worldwide(1). Voice on the Go is also a valuable tool for visually impaired
and physically disabled individuals. Voice on the Go is available for use
on any handset.
    Currently, 50 countries in the world have legislation that strictly
prohibits usage of cell phones while driving unless usage is "hands-free".
In the United States: California, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and
Washington, DC have passed similar legislation while other states have
partial bans and bills pending. In addition to banning cell phones while
driving, legislation prohibiting text messaging while driving is now also
being enacted with Washington leading the way as the first state to ban
texting while driving.
    Voice on the Go is available to consumer and enterprise customers, as
well as telecommunications carriers and resellers worldwide in a number of
languages including English, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, and German.
    Voice on the Go is the 2007 winner of the Best Evolution Application
and Rookie of the Year Handango Champion Awards.
    (1) GSM Association, June 2006.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/10-23-2007/0004688004&EDATE=
BlindNews Mailing List
Subscribe: BlindNews-Request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "subscribe" as subject

Moderator: BlindNews-Moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archive: http://GeoffAndWen.com/blind

RSS: http://GeoffAndWen.com/BlindNewsRSS.asp

More information about RSS feeds will be published shortly.