Shareware Report: SpeechSoft worth a listen

  • To: <BlindNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 21:12:13 -0400

Nashua Telegraph, NH, USA
Sunday, October 07, 2007

Shareware Report: SpeechSoft worth a listen

By Bill Dubie and Dave Sciuto

Published: Sunday, October 7, 2007

Face it: When you sit down at your PC, there's a lot to read, and not a lot of
time. We review myriad Word documents weekly, and without Power Text to Speech
Reader from 1SpeechSoft, the "World's Best Text To Speech Software," we'd be up
to our ears in unread reports. Power Text to Speech Reader is an award-winning
text-to-speech player that lets you listen to documents, e-mails or Web pages
instead of reading on screen. It uses voice synthesis to create spoken audio
from text with natural voices.

What we like most is that you can listen when you have the time. For example,
you can listen on your PC or save text to MP3 or wave files for listening
later. Even better, if you have a portable audio device you can take your text
as MP3 files to the gym, in your car or anywhere you need to go. It can
directly open Plain Text files , Microsoft Word files, PDF files, EMail files,
Rich Text files, and HTML files. For Microsoft Internet Explorer users, Power
Text to Speech Reader supplies a handy toolbar plug-in for Internet Explorer
and for Microsoft Outlook supplies a handy toolbar plug-in for Outlook. Power
Text to Speech Reader supports dozens of male, female, and robotic voices and
more than 11 languages.

Power Text to Speech Reader can monitor Windows Clipboard and automatically
process its contents. This feature makes it easy to read Web pages, e-mail
messages, documents, and much more. Give it a listen.

Where to get it: www.1speechsoft.com/download. html.

Price: $29.95 registered.

System requirements: A PC running Windows XP or Windows Vista.

Bill Dubie and Dave Sciuto are industry columnists. They recommend strongly
that you read the end-user license agreement on any software you download, as
the program could contain spyware or other utilities you don't want on your
computer.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071007/BUSINESS/310070039/-1/news01
BlindNews Mailing List
Subscribe: BlindNews-Request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "subscribe" as subject

Moderator: BlindNews-Moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archive: http://GeoffAndWen.com/blind

RSS: http://GeoffAndWen.com/BlindNewsRSS.asp

More information about RSS feeds will be published shortly.