Pocket Reference Journal's Diabetic Reference Guide (available in Braille) Wins National Health Information Award

  • To: <BlindNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 21:18:47 -0400

PRweb.com (Press Release)
Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Pocket Reference Journal's Diabetic Reference Guide (available in Braille) Wins
National Health Information Award

Pocket Reference Journals wins National Health Award for My Pocket Doctor, A
Diabetic Reference Guide and Journal. The journal won a bronze award in the
patient education information media/publishing division. This publication was
chosen from over a 1,000 submissions for the 14th Annual National Health
Information Awards.

Fountain Valley, Ca. (PRWEB) October 3, 2007 -- Pocket Reference Journals, My
Pocket Doctor was selected as a winner in the 14th Annual National Health
Information Awards.

The awards recognize the nation's best consumer health information programs and
materials. The Bronze award for Patient Education Information in the
media/publishing division was given to PRJ's "My Pocket Doctor," a
self-management reference guide for newly diagnosed diabetics.

"We feel validated having received this award," said Bonnie Schachter,
president and publisher of Pocket Reference Journals. "We are sincerely happy
to know our professional peers appreciate and applaud our work. We made a
concerted effort to provide tips, valuable information on diabetes guidelines,
and how to go about living with diabetes in as conversational a tone as we
could.

"Our award-winning entry was chosen from more than 1,000 submissions judged by
a panel of 27 health information experts," added Schachter. Judges were chosen
from organizations and corporations including the American Diabetes
Association, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Pro-Health Care, Horizon Health Care, the
American Cancer Society, Intermountain Health Care and individual health care
educators who work on behalf of health care marketing and advertising companies
throughout the United States.

The National Health Information Awards are the best known awards programs of
their kind to bestow a "seal of approval" on consumer health information
programs and health education materials published each year. Complete details
about the awards can be found at www.healthawards.com.

Pocket Reference Journals, Inc. started business in Santa Monica, California in
1986 with the ever popular "Pet Passport", and the "All About Me" (a children's
health journal) pocket-sized journals. They currently have over a dozen health
and financial reference and record-organizing journals which are customized for
large clients such as Johnson & Johnson, Foot Solutions, Blue Cross/Blue
Shield, Mt. Sinai Hospital, Health Diagnostics, McNeil Labs and the U.S. Army.

Pocket Reference Journals commitment in publishing is to provide informative,
easy to understand, socially relevant, and, most importantly, portable
publications to an ever-expanding, hyper-informative marketplace. You can find
them on the web at www.pocketreferencejournals.com.

The "My Pocket Doctor" journal is also available in Braille for the diabetic
blind.

BlindNews Mailing List
Subscribe: BlindNews-Request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "subscribe" as subject

Moderator: BlindNews-Moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archive: http://GeoffAndWen.com/blind

RSS: http://GeoffAndWen.com/BlindNewsRSS.asp

More information about RSS feeds will be published shortly.