MP3 Audiobooks Available on eMusic

  • To: <BlindNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 17:59:28 -0400

NBP Book Updates (Blog)
Wednesday, September 19, 2007

MP3 Audiobooks Available on eMusic

By Anna Dresner

eMusic has offered music in unprotected MP3 format at reasonable prices for
quite a while; I have been a satisfied customer for two years now. So I was
pleased to learn today that they have begun to offer audiobooks in this format
as well. It was hard to find information about exactly how the service will
work, as it's very new, but here's what I know:

For $9.95 per month, you can download one eBook each month.
You can cancel online at any time.
For now, you get a free book the first month, so you get 2 books for $9.95.
This may be a temporary offer.
There may be a subscription where you pay more to download two books per month,
but I couldn't find a price for it.
It will be interesting to see how this service works out. I am pleased that
authors and audiobook producers are willing to offer popular material in an
open format, and I wish the venture well.

http://nbpupdates.wordpress.com/2007/09/19/mp3-audiobooks-available-on-emusic/
BlindNews Mailing List
Subscribe: BlindNews-Request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "subscribe" as subject

Moderator: BlindNews-Moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archive: http://GeoffAndWen.com/blind

RSS: http://GeoffAndWen.com/BlindNewsRSS.asp

More information about RSS feeds will be published shortly.