Guide Dogs of the Desert Graduation (with video report)

  • To: <BlindNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:19:11 -0400

CBS2, California USA
Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Guide Dogs of the Desert Graduation (with video report)

By Mary Hensley

News Video: Guide Dogs of the Desert Graduation (Windows Media)
http://media.cbstv2.com/MediaServer/100707_11p_guidedogs.wmv

Three more visually impaired people will be heading home with a new set of eyes.

Guide Dogs of the Desert held their graduation ceremony on Sunday, October 9,
2007. The ceremony was titled "A Celebration of Independance."

"This is a really important day for our students because they have been working
so hard with the dogs for 28 days. They come to our camp, they live here, they
bond with their dogs. This day is a joyous celebration," said Rocchi Hill of
Guide Dogs of the Desert.

Guide Dogs of the Desert has been pairing up legally blind people with guide
dogs for the last 35 years.

http://www.deserttelevision.com/Global/story.asp?S=7185439
BlindNews Mailing List
Subscribe: BlindNews-Request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "subscribe" as subject

Moderator: BlindNews-Moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archive: http://GeoffAndWen.com/blind

RSS: http://GeoffAndWen.com/BlindNewsRSS.asp

More information about RSS feeds will be published shortly.