[blindeudora] Re: yhere's a strange one.

  • From: Brad Dunse' <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 23:06:34 -0500

Curtis,

That is a strange one. Not sure how it could happen, but have you had her go into her "personality" under the tools menu,, then go into the properties and look at what name is associated with it there? Regardless of how it might have changed, if your name is in there, she can change it. Even if hers shows up, I'd highlight, delete, and re-type her's in there and save it. I'm assuming you two have two different computers, with two different Eudora apps never having been copied or associated in any way, or not networked in anyway.

If you want, have her send you an email, then you forward it to the list with all the headers in tact and we can look at it that way too for any clues.

Brad

On 10/7/2011  10:37 PM Curtis Delzer said...
For about the last 3 years or so, my wife has been using Eudora 7.1.0.9, but tonight, for some reason, all of a sudden her messages appear to be coming from me. Her name is Karen Delzer, mine is Curtis Delzer, and the return name, etc. is all hers, no mention inside the eudora.ini file anywhere has my name on it, but for some reason, this is happening. Any ideas? it's making her a little crazy, first, people would tease her saying all the silly things, but now it's becoming a concern. We tried re-booting, etc. no luck. So, summing up, her messages on her computer in her Eudora, come from me with her email address.
thanks!

Curtis Delzer

Brad Dunse

Birth? learn? intern? earn? lectern? sojourn? adjourn?
Enjoy the ride, its shorter than you think. --Capt'n Frank

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora