[blindeudora] Re: new messages

  • From: Dennis McLeod <dmcleod@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:38:13 -0400

On 2004/10/18 10:32, you wrote:
>every so often i get a batch of new messages that are mixed in with older
>messages in my inbox.  i'm guessing that the sort order is by day, so does
>anyone know why this should happen?
End of Quoted Message - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Date and time actually, but E-mail is standardized on the time sent from the
sender. So if there clock is out of adjustment it could be miss placed in the
TOC list by any amount according to their clock settings. Additionally if the
message is from a time zone ahead of yours (say Australia) you will see it
filed a day before your other messages of today but still in correct order.

Dennis

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora