[blindeudora] Re: hot key (Alt X) not working

  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 07:13:50 -0400

I have a long time back. Never found a fix it just fixed itself. But, not after I did everything already mentioned on this thread.

I'll keep looking and maybe find something.

At 08:03 PM 3/19/2012, you wrote:
very strange, i have never encountered this type of problem with eudora and jaws.

Legend has it that on Monday 3/19/2012 03:51 PM, Doris and Chris said:
This is not jaws specific but happens with Widnow Eyes also apparently. I have had this problem occasionally over many years and with many jaws versions, going back at least as long as I have used any of the NT track flavor of windows. I do not remember for sure if this also already happened under win 98 but I somehow do not think so. I think I started seeing this under 2k with something like jaws 4.5.1.

I do not know if this happens with nvda also. The upcoming Release Candidate of nvda will read Eudora but not well enough yet to be a fulltime solution so I have not used this combination enough to know whether the keystroke problem occurs with it also.

And i Have no idea why using an audio application should affect keystrokes working or not working in Eudora but this does happen.

hth

Doris

hth

Doris

At 01:07 PM 3/19/2012 -0700, you wrote:
What version of jaws are you using have you just to check things out use a different jaws and see if the key works maybe it is jaws.. At 12:26 PM 3/19/2012, you wrote:
Okay, so it is not a hot key.
Fine, but what can I do to fix this aside from reinstalling because I'll have to wait a bit for that to happen. That will take a little more time to accomplish.
Larry
At 12:16 PM 3/19/2012, List owner wrote:
That is not a hot key, it's the menu key for the mailbox menu. Just like alt + f is for the file menu.

At 01:57 PM 3/19/2012, you wrote:
Yes, I use Sound Forge all the time, every day.
But I noticed the hot key going away 2 days ago and the computer has been rebooted many times since then. How is this hot key generated? Is there a way to find out the source of the hot key and just reenable it? I don't mind reinstalling Eudora but it takes awhile to do in Windows 7 and I don't have a ton of time available.
Larry
At 10:14 AM 3/19/2012, you wrote:
Did you previously work wiht any audio related application? I find that, for whatever reason, sometimes when I work with an audio related app such as a sound editor, hotkeys will fail to work in eudora.

Usually shutting down the audio app as well as reloading both jaws and eudora fixes the issue in my case.

hth

Doris

At 11:26 AM 3/19/2012 -0500, you wrote:
If it were me, I'd uninstall and reinstall. Saving my folders, addressbook and etc. first of course.

Brad

On 3/18/2012  10:43 PM Larry Gassman said...
yes to all 3. This began happening yesterday.
At 01:52 PM 3/18/2012, Brad Dunsé wrote:
Had you tried:

1. Close Jaws/Win Eyes, and reopen it and retry?

2. Close Eudora and reopen

3. Reboot

I notice loss of some key combos if Jaws has been up too long without a reload. Often after its been working in Mazilla Firefox.

Brad

On 3/18/2012  12:47 PM Larry Gassman said...
        Hi all,
When I press this hot key to put me in the list of mail boxes, nothing happens.
How do I get this hot key back?

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

Brad Dunsé

"Sometimes you really can't go around what you've got to go through
...but you can always get through what seems impossible to get over"." --Capt'n Frank

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

Brad Dunsé

"Concerned about the expense of your life destination?
...If you don't flat out enjoy the journey, it already costs too much." --Capt'n Frank

http://www.braddunsemusic.com

http://www.facebook.com/braddunse

http://www.twitter.com/braddunse

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora