[blindeudora] email transfer functionality: change in Eudora version 6.2?

  • From: Jennifer Sutton <jensutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 19:06:12 -0500

Hi all:
I've noticed that, since I upgraded to Eudora 6.2, the way that
transferring messages between mailboxes works has changed.  Has anyone else
noticed this?

Is this supposed to be a new feature, and if so, where is it discussed?  I
looked in the help and under options (to see if there was a setting I could
change), but I had no luck.

Here's what I experience, now, using WE5.0 Beta 2, Eudora 6.2, Win Pro XP SP1.

When I transfer a message, it works, but the message is not deleted from
where it originally was.  In other words, the message is copied to the new
mailbox I specify, but it's not "moved."

Also, and this is less important, but I'm curious . . .

I archive my outbox by month.  Often, what I do is just to move the whole
outbox (let's say for December) to the new mailbox for that month (call it
dec04, as an example). Then, I transfer back into the outbox any stray
messages, like those I wrote in January, before I remembered to do my
monthly archive.

This looks confusing in writing, but it's not.

When I transferred a few January messages back into my outbox, their
statuses changed from sent to queued.  This did not used to happen. I tried
to change the status back to sent, but that option is disabled.

I don't think this is an issue of WE's labeling of graphics, but I suppose
it could be.

This isn't a big deal, but I think it's kind of weird.

Thanks both for reading and for any thoughts.

Best,
Jennifer

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora