[blindeudora] Re: darn different ports!

  • From: Ann Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 09:30:26 -0500

I don't have port 587 checked, and it's working fine with AT&T.
At 08:43 AM 5/25/2012, you wrote:
just make sure in the personalities settings, you use alternate port required in both places and in the smtp section, check the box to use port 587. that should make it work. i believe that's what i did when i had at&t from 2007 to 2011.

Legend has it that on Friday 5/25/2012 05:08 AM, Lou Burton said:
I have a friend who is attempting to you eudora with an at&t account, and they are telling her that the pop settings are:
pop.att.yahoo,.com
port 995

and that the smtp is:
smtp.att.yahoo.com
port 465

question is, how do i set these darn ports?

I have looked through the ini file, and the only mentioned port is submission port=0

any one have any ideas where in the sam hill i might find a plce to address that, to coin a phrase, LOL!

thanks yall, me

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora

<http://www.sendspace.com/folder/i7xwg4>Click here to check out my sendspace offerings!

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora