[blindeudora] Strange address book entries

  • From: "Norma A. Boge-Conyers" <naboge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 13:12:24 -0500

Hi listers,

I'm using Eudora 6.1 in paid mode with the latest Jaws on an XP SP2=20
system.  I just noticed that a lot of the names in my address book have had=
=20
some strange characters added to them.  For example, the entry will look=20
like this: =ABname=BB
Jaws reads these things as left double angle bracket and right double angle=
=20
bracket.  When I hit F6 to edit the name, these brackets do not=20
appear.  thus, I cannot edit them out.  Having these brackets makes it=20
impossible to find a name simply by hitting the first letter of the=20
name.  I think I remember someone else having this problem, but of course=20
didn't pay any attention because it didn't pertain to me.  But, now it=20
does, and some assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Norma
naboge@xxxxxxxxx

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora