[blindeudora] Re: Eudora crashing during message delete

  • From: Vaughan Dodd <vdodd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:11:28 +1300

At 10:26 a.m. 11/11/2004, Robert R. Matti wrote:
>          I have used Eudora for many years , it seems F S is not & never
>has been concerned if Jaws really supports Eudora.
>It also seems to me that Qualcom doesn't really care if any blind people
>use Eudora.
>The above is my personal opinion.
>What do the rest of you blind Eudora/Jaws users think?

Have been a very happy Eudora user for six years, keeping my Eudora
up-to-date and my Window-Eyes screen reader up-to-date.  When I did feel
inclined to check out Jaws, its interaction with Eudora was very
unsatisfactory, whereas Window-Eyes has in most part been flawless.  Eudora
uses many standard functions, which don't require to much work on the part
of the screen reader developers - in other words - it is more than 90%
usable by a blind person using a good screen reader.  I think there are
perhaps three features which I can't make useful to me, but that might be
my level of skill rather than a screen reader  failure.  I've lost touch
with how JFW does or doesn't work with Eudora, as i've given up on JFW but
I would have thought that, given that Eudora is pretty o.k. as it installs
with plenty of opportunity for the user to configure,  there should not
really be any problems for JFW.  Perhaps it goes back to basic flaws in
JFW's design.

As to whether Qualcomm cares about blind users: I have no way of
knowing.  I do know that people express the view that Qualcomm is paying
less and less attention to the development of Eudora, but it is still being
developed.  So: maybe the real issue is how one configures Eudora for each
set of individual circumstances, with Jaws perhaps being part of the
problem and maybe this is a just a set of specific unfortunate combinations
for some people.

Vaughan.

Vaughan Dodd

email vdodd@xxxxxxxxxx