[blindeudora] Eudora Crashed

  • From: Tom S <tsykora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 12:09:04 -0500

Hi,
For the past few days at night when I turn of Eudora, I get a message that Eudora is compacting mailbox or somesuch, cant exactly remember. It usually locks up until I have to hit the end program key cause it isn't responding. Today when I turned my puter on, it kept rebooting and I couldn't sort out what was going on. Eventually it straightened out after I left it alone and took a shower. I conjecture that Eudora was trying to rebuild my inbox, because when the machine finally stopped rebooting, and I opened Eudora, I got a message that told me my inbox had been rebuilt and it appears to have lost about two hundred messages. Not wanting to risk those remaining in box messages , I moved them to a different folder I named movedinbox. Now I am left wondering just what happened. Did Eudora keep rebooting my machine, or was it some other electronic snafu of a transient nature or did the messed up in box and its rebuilding cause this instability or what. I guess at this point I am just posting this to see if anyone can shed some light on what may have happened. It might be time to retire this present copy of Eudora and start over fresh with a new install as this current copy is definitely bloated.
Thanks to anyone who has any ideas or comments.
Tom

List web page: //www.freelists.org/webpage/blindeudora