[blindeudora] Re: Error message 0 Dominant, could not connect to xxxxxx cuz host timed out 1060

  • To: blindeudora@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 11:55:25 -0500

Are you getting email from your new account, and is the servers different from the one timing out?

At 11:06 AM 2/7/2009, you wrote:
Andy,

I can go to web sites just fine. It's not my internet connection, and it's not my browser. <smile>

We just changed web hosting providers, and I can receive email just fine, but I can not send email from our business account.

I'm getting the following error:

"0Dominant, Could not connect to the mail server cuz Eudora got tired of waiting."

Thank you.

Pat Ferguson

At 11:35 PM 2/6/2009, you wrote:
one way to determine if Eudora, or any mail client is causing the problem is to launch your web browser. If you are able to go to sites, etc. then you have connectivity, and it is time to start looking at your Email client.

Andy
At 09:32 PM 2/6/2009, you wrote:
hHi andy well for the most part you're right, however they have the bok to refer to like this one. I have found that for instance, my isp cableone.net? he asked what e mail program I was running? guewss what? he said ok let me switched to eudora grin! so ya just never know for sure.At 10:16 PM 2/6/2009, you wrote: >if this happens occasionally, it usually means that your ISP is having some kind of outage. if it happens all of the time, then you need to check your network settings. If you have to call your ISP for help, good luck because most do not provide any support for Eudora.

>Andy
>At 06:11 PM 2/6/2009, you wrote:
>>yes I belive it is in your settings perhaps? If you just changed isp I strongly suggest you to call their customer service for they have a book on issues that can idenify.At 06:25 PM 2/6/2009, you wrote:
>>>Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>>We just changed our hosting of our two domains.
>>>
>>>I'm getting a timed-out error 1060.
>>>
>>>Does anyone have any ideas?
>>>
>>>Thanks much.
>>>
>>>Pat Ferguson