[blindcooks] peasant bread and gruyere cheese

  • From: Penny Golden <pengold2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 16:39:51 -0500

    I have a friend who found a recipe she wants to try; it calls for peasant bread, and also for gruyere.

I can go find gruyere cheese at the supermarket. but what is peasant bread?  they don't carry it, so we'll have to buy the closest thing to it.

And please, what does gruyere taste like, more or less?  is it like a Swiss cheese?  or more like a cheddar?

Perhaps they'll give me a taste.  My friend doesn't like really strong cheeses.

Sorry this is so vague and pathetic.

Smiles.

Warmest regards to you all,

Penny