[blindcooks] Re: Up cooking early/cooking terminology?

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 07:45:58 +0200

I don't really work with/on fixed recipes for things like this - will be bit
different each and every time, but suppose sautéed is closest to what was
thinking about.

Either way, for this bit of chicken curry, just started off with bit of cooking
oil, in combination with chunk of butter, and once it had melted butter, but
before is necessarily too hot, sliced up a large clove of garlic, and a
largeish onion, into sort of strips, for a bit of shape/texture, along with
initial spices of roundabout 5 teaspoons of medium curry powder, paprika, dry
ginger, dry nutmeg, and touch of dry tarragon, along with roundabout 4
teaspoons of peanut butter, and fried them in pot until they softened.

Then added in roundabout 6 pieces of chicken, skin, bone and all, and tossed
them around in hot butter/fat until they'd been sautéed/sealed/browned.

Then added in one tomato that had diced up into blocks, and had sprinkled with
brown sugar to sort of counteract it's acidity, and left to stand for
roundabout 5 minutes, along with 3 medium potatoes that had just washed off,
but had left skin on for fibre/texture, that cut up into smallish blocks, since
actually want them to sort of dissipate to add to sauce, and with the tomato,
also added in roundabout a teaspoon and a half of dry origanum, and then just
added in roundabout 1 and a half cups of water, and a bit of garlic and
barbecue sauce, and it's now simmering away on stove, and will just go check on
it every half hour or so, stir it up, and when potatoes have started breaking
up, and when chicken starts separating off bone, then to finally thicken it up,
will most likely crumble up roundabout one slice of bread into sauce, and break
in one egg, which will immediately stir in to make sure it doesn't just leave
pieces floating around, and would then turn it off, and leave it to stand on
stove for a while to sort of settle/merge flavours, etc.

And, lastly, will probably cook standard rice to go with this for
serving/eating, but, let's see.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker