[blindcooks] TACO SEASONING

  • From: "Sugar" <sugarsyl71@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blind cooks" <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 18:07:08 -0700

TACO SEASONING
Awesome recipe for homemade taco seasoning that will totally replace the
urge to buy packets- just mix it up once in a batch and keep in an
airtight container for up to 1 year!! 2 1/2-3 Tablespoons = one "packet"
from the store.
Prepackaged seasoning mixes are full of salt and preservatives,
artificial flavors and colors. For example, look at this ingredient list
from a popular brand of taco seasoning:
Making my own seasoning and knowing exactly what's in it makes me feel
much better.
INGREDIENTS:
3 Tbs chili powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dried onion flakes
3/4 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp oregano
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 1/2 T. cumin
2-2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 Tbs black pepper
mix it all together!
Hey Everyone! I forgot to tell you, that if you don't like the heat,
then don't use the CAYENNE PEPPER and only use 1/4 tsp of the crushed
pepper flakes. Since I have to cut down on salt I only used 1 1/2 tsp of
salt. I used 1 pound of ground beef, browned it then added 2 1/2
Tablespoons of the seasoning mix and 3/4 cup of water. Brought it to a
boil and lowered the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Put the
shells on a cookie sheet and into a 300 degree oven for 5 minutes to let
them warm up. The TACOS were awesome!!

'All that I have seen teaches me to trust God for all I have not seen.'
~Be Blessed,Sugar