[blindcooks] Re: Recipe request please BLUEBERRY LEMON-POPPY SEED COFFEE CAKE

  • From: "Jan Bailey" <jlb021951@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 18:24:58 -0500

BLUEBERRY LEMON-POPPY SEED COFFEE CAKE

4 packages Jiffy ® blueberry muffin mix

1 box (3.4 oz.) lemon instant pudding

1-1/4 cups milk

4 eggs

3 tablespoons poppy seeds

FILLING

1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened

1 egg

1-1/2 cups powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease well 12 cup bundt pan.  Mix muffin mix, pudding

and poppy seeds in a large bowl.  Add milk and eggs, blend well.  Set aside.

In a small bowl, cream softened cream cheese with powdered sugar, add egg

and beat until creamy.  Set aside.  Into well-greased bundt pan, pour half

of batter.  Spoon cream cheese mixture over batter.  Pour remainder of

batter over cream cheese.  Bake for approximately 48 to 52 minutes.

(Toothpick in center should come out fairly clean).

Mix 1 pkg. "JIFFY" White Frosting Mix with 2 to 3 Tbsp. water to desired

consistency.  Drizzle over warm coffee cake.  Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if

desired.

-----Original Message----- From: Heather
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 2:41 PM
To: blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [blindcooks] Recipe request please

Hello Jon or anyone else who may have a recipe.  I am wanting a recipe for
an easy coffee cake baked in a bundt pan.  I need one for this weekend.  I
would like to use orange as a flavoring.  I would like something moist.  I
am making it for a group that I belong to and there are mostly elderly
members.  There are a few who cannot eat nuts.  I would appreciate any
suggestions.

Thanks,
Heather

---