[blindcooks] PenSalad

  • From: Penny Golden <goldpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 15:44:36 -0500

Hi. I'm out of school. Friends feed me lots of leftovers, and I love those. But last week, I laid in salad supplies. Wouldn't you know it: right after that, my refrigerator, just a young teenager, went rebellious and flipped out; or flipped off, if you wish. No one would even come for 3 days; I went to one store which didn't have much of a selection; then over to my friendly Sears. I found one that would do, and the delivery boys did one more delivery: mine.

Well, that saved the veggies.  And today, I made a salad worth sharing.
One heart of romaine; chopped celery; half a cut-up cucumber; half a green pepper; some somer sausage; some cheese; some portabella slices. I have some kind of salad dressing and I'll add balsamic vinegar, and probably a little salsa too. Maybe just salsa and that salad dressing. I've got it back in the new fridge, contemplating the joys of being a late supper for me.

Breakfasts of late have been: a corn tortilla topped with cheese and portabella slices, with some salsa or not, as seems good for that morning. I just heat that up in the microwave for 30 seconds. I wouldn't serve it to guests, but I love it.

Question: if you have read this far, can someone give me the best way to bake corn tortillas, broken or cut into chip size? My twin brother does it, but I forget how. Easy is best. I don't want to turn them in the oven.
Thanks.