[blindcooks] Re: Jon's Honey Wheat Sandwich Bread recipe

  • From: "Jon Rawlings" <twosocks76@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 20:01:21 -0700

Hi Mike:
     I could get you recipes for hot dog or hamburger buns from a very trusted
recipe source, but I have only tried to make burger buns once or twice, and
they were not as soft as I would have liked.  King Arthur Flour sells special
pans for baking both hot dog and  hamburger buns, and I want one of each, but
that would come to about $70 after taxes and shipping, and I just don't have
the money to spare at the moment.  Burger buns can be baked free standing, but
the shape is better with the pans.  If you like, I can send the recipes on to
you, but just know I haven't had much opportunity to fine tune them and get
them to measure up to my standards.
   Jon